Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fun story...at least I think so

So I've been using active.com website to find most of my races this year. When i registered, they have a link to become their fan on facebook. Given my new found enjoyment of facebook, I figured why not.

On Mondays they have "Motivational Monday" and ask fans to leave a comment saying what they did active the last week. Just for fun I posted the snowshoe 5k and a pic last night. Well this evening when I logged on to find a pic for Elise I saw that they had commented on my photo.

It was just a quick "sounds fun. Way to go!" I thought that was pretty cool, because when I posted last night, around 200 peeps had also posted comments. Then I went to my "Newsfeed and saw that they had actually picked me for the "Fan Spotlight"...
Yep they sent a thing to all 47,537 fans w my pic saying I did the snowshoe 5k. Yeah, I'm totally famous. I've copied the post in just because I feel cool...

Active.com Fan Spotlight: Kjirsten McKinney ran a snowshoe 5k with some friends this past weekend. Congrats to her and her friends for hanging up their sneaks and charging through the snow with snowshoes instead! Sounds like a great workout and very fun race. Great job!


When i saw this it had been up for almost an hour and 54 peeps had either said they liked it or commented. A lot of them said things about how good of shape I'd have to be to run a 5k in snowshoes. (I'm pretty sure I'm going to let them think I'm in that good of shape. It'll be our little secret that we walked most of it.) Main point though is yeah, I'm famous!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy cow! I'm friends with a famous person! That's amazing that they chose to spotlight you. It WAS quite an unusual race.